Monday 10 November 2014

GREAT LENGTHS - Hair Extensions








I have been eager to get this post out on the blog for a couple of weeks now as on Monday 27th October I went from shoulder length hair to luscious long locks, here's how it all began....



As a Hairdresser I've been through many colors and styles but these days I tend to go for more low key, low maintenance hairstyles. Being a girl in the world of hair its tough let me tell you, if you have long hair you see cute short bobs if you have short hair you see long beautiful locks fit for any Disney Princess and it's the same with colours too. And when your doing hair 5 days a week creating masterpieces it puts you in the mood to change your style.




Theres a lot of perks when it comes to my job and where I work , not only do Harleys Hairdressing have a 5-star rating in the Good Salon Guide with both salons, they have the best hairdresser in Chesterfield Nick Ward who has trained 90% of the staff alongside his wife Az within the salon, we get free hair do's and discount on professional products including our main range which is Aveda. But in general it is such a joy to have been working there for the past 8 years and our clientele is the best, such lovely ladies, gentleman, teens and children. I will be sad to leave in January when I start my new journey.

A finale perk for an upcoming blogger who currently works at Harleys Hairdressing was for me to go for some hair extensions by Great Lengths. My hair has been driving me mad for a few weeks, I want it to grow and get very impatient and I wanted a colour where I still looked blonde but something a little darker on my roots to stop any noticeable regrowth ( fussy i know ).

We use various colors in the salon but our main range is Wella. Katrina (Senior Stylist @ Harleys 1) applied Wella Color Touch Plus - 88/07 through my roots and pulled some through the mid lengths and ends to break up all the blonde which is perfect as the top looks exactly like my natural colour and the style is sort of Ombré which i call RECESSION COLORING due to lack of any noticeable regrowth and more natural grown-out look so you can limit your color services if you are on a budget. The main reason I had this colour also was the fact I was having my extensions in and you have to be careful when you do have it colored not to touch the bonds with the product as this can damage them, that and having it highlighted in foil drives me nuts in work time as I get itchy feet and don't like sitting for too long (lol).



I have had Great Lengths twice before. The first time was not long after Az had done the course and I had very short hair which was platinum blonde. I loved them but seeing gorgeous dark hair with added pieces looked stunning so the second time I battled for the brunette side of Great Lengths hair but for me looking back at photographs I was far too dark for my skin tone and kept the extensions far too long for my height. This time, (like Goldilocks) i wanted to get it JUST RIGHT.....


My appointment with our head extentionist and salon owner Az Ward was at our sister salon Harleys 2 at Chatsworth Road , Brampton , Chesterfield. The decor is very country manor house type, with stone floor, battered industrial like sofas and a gorgeous log burning fireplace in the reception area, the salon has two old barber chairs ( most of the furniture is restored by Nick - Lord Ward Industries ), and the main area for styling / colouring has modern stations with older features surrounding them. One wall is covered in old bone antlers, pretty cool stuff! It was a nice for a change of scenery to be down there but I do very much love our original salon. 


When you begin your hair extension journey, firstly you will need to book a consultation which at Harleys is free of charge. Az and Katie are our extentionists and Harleys have achieved the silver award with Great Lengths ( check it out at - http://www.greatlengthshair.co.uk/salons/harleys-hairdressing/ ) they will assess the length, color and condition of your hair and you will need to fill out a form. It is advisable to have a color a few days before you have your extensions in to get the right color match. My color match is perfect and you can tell where my natural hair begins, I am so happy with the finished look. I went for 100 bonds and two colors which Az fused together to make a more natural and to match up to my color.

Az twisting her magic

The bonds that connect to the hair are really small and hardly noticable, they are bonded in by an electromagnetic wave machine, all the hair is 100% human hair and is traceable to the person it came from. For all the inside information and everything you need to know about GREAT LENGTHS click this link - ( http://www.greatlengthshair.co.uk/hair-extensions/ )


I am now into week three since my Great Lengths locks were applied and I haven't ( touch wood ) lost one yet!!! However it is normal to lose a few as naturally your hair does go through a shedding stage. Az made a conscious effort that every time she applied one strand she twisted the bond with her fingers and thumbs to make sure they were securely placed and had a strong bond which to that I was impressed. With care the hair should last 4 - 6 months which is a pretty long time for extensions. I am so thrilled at the outcome and response I've got from them and I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Az for taking out her busy schedule to make my hair look the bomb.com and also to Nick for shaping them to make them VERY NATURAL.

Before / After

For appointments and further information on Great Lengths hair extensions or any services Harleys Hairdressing offer please call 01246 208892 - 01246 559159



























Harleys Hairdressing
9 Holywell Street
Chesterfield
DERBYSHIRE
S41 7SA
01246 208892

Harleys 2
280-282 Chatsworth Rd
Chesterfield
DERBYSHIRE
S40 2BY
01246 559159



With Love & Style,

Keeley

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment