Wednesday 28 May 2014

Wedding Weekender!!!


OH MY GOSH! So this weekend just gone was so busy as I had two weddings to go to, but it was a fun filled romantic weekend and they made me want to start planning my wedding already!

The first wedding was on the Saturday which I was invited to for the ceremony and reception and also I did a candy table too which went down a treat as all the adults pretty much elbowed the kids out of the way to get first pick of the sweets so it was a huge success haha,  poor bloody kids! The venue was an oldish manor house situated in the derbyshire area, it wasn't too shabby but it wasn't overly posh.., I suppose the same as my outfit really. I got my hair done but there wasn't any need for me to have a fascinator in as they aren't really my thing but maybe if it was a church wedding I may have considered it.



Dress - Ebay
Bag - Michael Kors
Shoes - Christian Louboutin
Watch - Daniel Wellington

When I bought this dress last year I had short bobbed dark hair with a fringe and was channeling Alexa Chung the first time I wore it, obviously now I have blonde hair so I have come around to the idea that no matter how much I dream theres only one Chungy!! Darn it! But on the bright side I always think a red hot dress looks better on a blonde (unless your Miranda Kerr). I felt really sophisticated in it and it was something like £40 from eBay. To feel worth while as its not very often a wedding comes along, although I've got 4 this year, I wore designer accessories such as my new Michael Kors bag, Louboutins and my Daniel Wellington watch.To really push the boat out that morning I went and got a fancy up do and stuck some pearls on some hair pins and added them. Matching your red lipstick with the same shade as your dress works magic too!



Wedding no. 2

This was actually the reception to the wedding that happened over in Florida and was on the Sunday. It was held at the Maynard over in Grindleford, Derbyshire way. The venue is like something out of Harry Potter but is a beautiful building with modern and antique furnishings. The bride one again looked stunning and the guest that made it to the ceremony in Orlando wore the same dresses and suits to the Maynard...not me of corse! I have so many dresses I had to choose a different one. Theres a story behind this dress I wore too... I put a little extra chub on a year and a half a go when I purchased this dress from Ebay and I bust the zip on it twice!!! Its supposed to be a size 10 but as its Versace for H&M, I don't think the sizes are the same and its a teeny wheeny very tight size 10 to ay the least, so I was pleased that I hadn't packed on any pounds after Flordia / Bahamas and I could actually fit in it so it would have been unacceptable not to wear it.


Dress - Versace for H&M

I love the colour of this dress as apart from a dress I bought last week this is the only other purple one I own and the fact that it appeared on season 4 of 90210 on my all time favourite character Niaomi Clark (played by AnnaLynne McCord) well it has a major special place in my closet! The detailing on it is fabulous almost like a peacock/fish scale at the sides and the gold Versace button on the detailed neck line really show off the wow factor of the dress.

Bag - Ps.Besitos at Etsy

To add to the dress I choose my book like bag in a different shade of purple to colour contrast the tens and shades. I love this bag its so quirky and different. If you log onto there Etsy shop which is amazing they do all different kinds of designs like Alice In Wonderland, Peter Rabbit to Jane Eyre they are fabulous.


Shoes  Primark

I really struggled on choosing a pair of shoes to go with this dress as I didn't want anything too fussy and I would have loved to wore my Louboutins for the second day in a row but I knew for a dam fact at this due I was going to be pretty merry and if I trashed those shoes I would have gave myself a good stern talking to! The classic black sandals with cold buckle worked well though and at £12 from Primark they are a bargain and the classic shoe of the season.

Head Garland - Primark

At just £3 and new in at Primark this flower headdress is a total bargain. I love the detail of the flowers and some of the dotted buds were in gold which worked well and made my outfit a little more elegant. I love these garlands at the moment and are great for festivals and summer days. (God I do need my roots doing though, lol)

Keeley

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment