Monday 3 March 2014

Weekly OOT...



Monday - Mustard Monday!
Dress - Asos, Boots - Primark, Ring - EBay, Errings - TU@Sainsburys

To start off a new week, Mondays I have off so I raided my closet and I and pulled out an Ebay find (originally from Asos) which I call my 'Twiggy' dress as its so 60's with the black collar and mustard tone mini dress. I wore it with thick black tights and my suede shoe boots. Accessory wise I just wore crystal studs, but added a statement ring which is the shape of a crystallized panda and so cute!







 Tuesday - Getting Tricky with Mickey!
Top - Primark, Jeans - H&M, Shoes - Zara, Bag - BHS

Tuesday  - The first day back after the weekend and the first time my Mickey top has had an appearance since I purchased it in the sale for £3 a couple of months ago from Primark! It's probably the most comfortable top I own and it kept me so snugly for the cold weather of today (kinda reminds me of a pyjama top too!). I teamed it with my skinny washed-out denim jeans to keep the casual flow but picked out my orange stiletto's for a pop of colour and to keep the outfit interesting plus out of the gazillion pairs of shoes I own, these are surprisingly one of my comfiest. Funnily enough over the weekend I painted my nails in a orange colour using a polish by Sinful Colours, its a cheap brand for varnishes and they have lots of choice in the shade palette and the application was smooth. Jewellery I kept to a minimum and wore a gold cocktail ring with a coral stone in the middle and just wore my Daniel Wellington watch. Eveybody needs a little Mickey Mouse in there lives at some point - I chose today!




Wednesday - Rockin' Out with a Ballerina's Touch!
Dress/Boots/Socks/Bag - Topshop, Jacket - Primark, Necklace - Asos, Watch - River Island
Girly-Glam Rock is one of my favorite looks and I love Topshop's jersey dress with a mesh skirt for this as its so pretty and ballerina-like, and you can easily rock it up! I wore a long sleeved plain black top underneath the dress (mainly because it's pretty chilly out and the dress has only spaghetti straps) I also wore my faux leather jacket with a fringed detail. I paired my silver block heeled leather shoe boots with a pair of grey sparkly socks and for a spin on my outfit I threw my bowler hat in there just to mix it up a little! Accessories - A gunmetal chain with a piece of metallic rockery on the end, vintage oval rings, handmade silver drop ethnic style earrings which was a gift from a family member on a trip to Oman, Muscat /Dubai and they are my fave pair of silver earrings! I used my purple suede body bag today to add colour.



Thursday - Safety First!

Skirt - Newlook, Boots/Cuff - Topshop, Necklace - Dorothy Perkins, Bag - Urban Outfitters
 Effortless hair today so effortless style...

One of my Mom's hand-me downs again is the safety pin printed top which is dead cute and has buttons all the way down the back, unfortunately I'm not sure where it was from as my Mom cut the labels out! I love the print on this top it receives a lot of compliments, and you can smarten it up too! I teamed the top with a simple black maxi skirt, and my patent Topshop boots which were a steal as I got them in the sale for £30 last month. I glammed the outfit up today with dressy jewellery. Maxi skirts like this can be worn in cold weather as well as the summer as I wore black tights underneath mine for warmth.



Friday - Psychedelic 60's!

Wearing my new kicks which I picked up from Dorothy Perkins in the sale for £7 last week I put together a 60's looking outfit using my paisley printed colourful shift dress. I loved the shoes because of the slanted strap and I'm a sucker for a pair of nude coloured shoes that I like as often I don't see many I really do!
Blouse - Primark, Dress - Glamourous, Shoes - Dorothy Perkins - Earrings - Topshop


With the dress I wore an ivory blouse underneath for a more smarter look for work and instead of tights today I wore knee socks. To add to the 60's style, my ears are wearing big gold flower earrings. I did have to make a quick change to the sock choice this morning after I added this photo, and instead of the beige pair I wanted to wear my wine coloured ones to make the shoes stand out and to match my 60's dolly coat! Pencil on your eyeliner to create cat flicks, bit of red lippy and backcombing and that's your sixties look down!





Saturday - Smarten Up Ya Tartan!



Shirt - River Island, Trousers - F+F@Tesco, Waistcoat, Necklace - Topshop, Shoes - Office

Last day of work then it's the weekend and we have our very belated Christmas due tomorrow and that will probably get messy so today I thought I would go all smart and compose myself before Sunday night (LOL).

I love the green/blue tartan pattern so these are like my fave trousers at present and I always feel super smart in them and they fit perfect and are a nice cut. For a more 'work look' approach I chose a white shirt which I tucked in and over the top wore a knitted waist coat which I've had lying around for years. Accessories - A statement necklace with blue crystals which picked out the blue in the trousers, I wore long pearls too for the 'smart' and classic vibe. I kept earrings minimal and just wore one small crystal gold ring. THE SHOES...My boss calls these my 'Quality Street' shoes because they remind him of the rare green triangles (to be honest they do a little). I love these and got them in the sale at Office for like £15 which was such a bargain because they are so unusual and haven't seen a pair like this since. I wanted to wear these 'metallic mid-heeled green Mary-jane's' to pick out the green in the tartan trousers and to put a spin on the classic smarter look.



Sunday - Clashing Checks!

 
Jacket - EBay. Hat - H&M, Skirt - Primark, Belt - TKMaxx, Top - Newlook, Choker - ModernAged(Facebook), Rings - Topshop, Earrings - Miss Selfridge, Shoes - Primark.

 


 So today's exciting because I get to wear my new Hat, Skirt, Shoes and Necklace!! Oh and also later on it's my staff due for work! I loved this skirt when I saw it on LOOK's website for Primarks new launch and there was only one hanging around Primark in my local town so I snapped it up on Thursday of the cheap price of £12. I have just teamed it with a simple black v-neck cami top, tights and peep toe strappies. My red bowler hat went perfectly with this outfit too! For cover and clash, I've chosen this black check chiffon jacket which can be used for a smart classic 60's feel or to modernize an outfit for a bolder look. The skirt is now called my 'Table cloth skirt' just because it reminds me of a picnic blanket (LOL). This skirt looks cool with tights in autumn but I know it's gonna get a lot of use in the summer with brighter colours, pattern clashing and sandals. I wore a few rings today, pinky rings, midi rings etc and some peace symbol rose gold earrings as I went for a unique clashy cool vibe. Also I got to bust out the Chanel look-a-likey choker which got a few stares and made the outfit come together!



No comments:

Post a Comment