Saturday 22 February 2014

New Buy - Spotty Dungies!

H&M - £14.99


Friday lunch time I went into town to have a mouch around on my break and strolled into H&M to check out their new items and I came across this super cute spotty Dungaree style Playsuit and it was only £14.99! I've raided my closet to put 5 different looks together to show you this cheap buy can go far!
















I've kept the first look pretty simple by adding a white T-Shirt underneath the Playsuit. To add colour I've gone with Red accessories, the bowler hat which I picked up from H&M with the playsuit, and the dolly shoes give it a cutesy look and to finish I have added a vintage bag. This one is perfect for the summer and I can't wait to wear it!














I wanted this to have a classier feel and a more 'grown-up' look to it. Also I have clashed the spots by choosing this two-tone, mono large spotted satin top and mono heels to match. The bag also helps with pattern clashing as it has striped sides. This outfit is lovely for a night out but if you want to dress it down for the day add tights and a cardigan.







Keeping it casual, this look is cool for summer festivals, theme park days and gigs. Added underneath the Playsuit is a Baseball style top with a Mickey Mouse print (great if your a Disney fan!) For comfort I've added Converse sneakers and accessory wise I have gone with a fringed backpack and bowler hat. Also for the effortless style, add a opened checked shirt over the top and Playsuit instead of a cardigan or hoody. The checks patten clash and look good against the spots. It doesn't matter what colour or pattern shirt you go for but match your lipstick to it to make it look bolder!



For a different approach, try adding a jumper or top over the Playsuit to create the illusion you have a pair of little spotty shorts on. I've gone with an American flag printed crochet jumper which draws attention and added the red bowler hat and some black patent brogues. Little navy frilly ankle socks would be great and if your not much of a hat person go for pin-up style hair and add a hair scarf!




























Stepping away from the Red and Monochrome, I have picked Orange. This style is great for the alternative girl who likes a night out instead of wearing normal party dresses. The shirt keeps it not so over the top but the Orange suede cross-strap heels dress it up and the clutch bag adds to that. Its a seasonal look, if its cold add tights but in summer be brave and get your pins out! I'm loving my hats at the moment so added a black felt fedora for a different spin but it's personal choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment